![]() |
| Garden on a Stump |
It happens. A pre-summer-solstice heat wave. Summer is not yet here, but school is out and pools are open and cottages are rented--just in time for some hot and sunny 90 degree weather.
I think it is about 91 right now and we have not had any rain in over a week, maybe two. And it has been windy. I am sprinkling as I type and plan to check the church flowers a little later. The sprinklers at church are on a new schedule that I worked out with the sprinkler guy, Harold, last week Tuesday, with a few new and bigger heads, some head-turning changes in direction and some extended run times for the sections with annuals. I am hopeful that it will be the best year ever!
If I had been gone this weekend, left on their own, most of my pots and stuff would be dead or dying here at home, as well as some leftover flats and stuff at church. E. and I have potted up some herbs, tomatoes and more, for what we are calling the stump garden--a new sunny spot, with assorted pots set on what remains of the huge silver maple that was removed last year.
I AM NOT READY FOR THIS WEATHER! Even if (well-watered) tomatoes and corn love it.
I do not like to be outdoors in this heat and humidity. I become a wimpy indoor girl. I did not go to the church picnic in the park yesterday at 5. I don't like to swim anymore (or be seen in a swim suit) and that is the only way to stay cool outside in this weather.
And so here I sit. In a pout.
I do not want to use the stove. I just want a big bowl of ice cream. Hudsonville Butter Pecan. 3 for $10. I just bought one yesterday, while I waited for our $10 large one-topping thin crust Hungry Howie's pizza to bake in their oven.
I am putting price tags on everything. Yes, I am still a bit short of funds right now! Too many flowers and potting soil ... and according to my brother, craft beers!

No comments:
Post a Comment