![]() |
| The big $29 ballpark burger! Hot peppers on the side! |
Once again my church choir was invited to sing the Star Spangled Banner at the Whitecaps game.
It was a beautiful, breezy, blue skies kind of night at the ballpark--a little warm until the sun went down, but I always run a little hot in the summer, so it was probably perfect for everyone else.
The singing went fine. We all wore matching red t-shirts and were well rehearsed. It was our second year for performing this 4-part choral arrangement.
Fireworks were scheduled for after the game and as we sang "and the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air," booming fireworks punctuated our words.
Right after performing, we girls headed for some refreshments. There is no available hydration (water was $3.50) at the ballpark. We settled on draft Killians and a pizza-box-sized burger for 4.
This famous ballpark burger would have been better if I could have picked it up. It was unmanageable! Even at a picnic table. I had to eat it like the taco salad it was and couldn't cut the grilled burger easily with plastic ware and sort of ate it later with my fingers. Fun, instagrammable (didn't), but not likely an experience to be repeated soon. If you are (observed) eating the whole thing you win a t-shirt.
The Whitecaps won. It was a night of family fun, with features like a baby crawl contest and t-shirt giveaways. Also performing was the Guinness World Record-holding HUMAN CANNONBALL. And then FIREWORKS.
But I don't follow the Whitecaps and it was hard to care about the game.
Once a summer at the ballpark is enough for me, and once in a lifetime for that giant taco burger!

What??
ReplyDeleteNo mention of all that deliciousness that covered you almost to the elbows??? It was a sight to behold!
I admitted to eating with my fingers--that was bad enough!
Delete