When I have visited Millennium Park in October it has always been quiet and peaceful. I saw 3 or 4 parked cars, an older couple out for a walk and a man with a stroller and a dog. I wished I had had a little more time and energy--or a friend with whom to walk the trails.
New to the park, across the road, is The Meadows, a gift of the Peter Secchia family. The remaining photographs are taken there.
People travel for miles to escape civilization and fly across oceans to find beautiful scenery. Millennium Park is civilized, but also safe and readily available for free to anyone ... just a few miles from the municipalities of Grand Rapids, Wyoming, Walker and Grandville--cities that all share land in this huge park. What a blessing the donors of these beautiful spaces are to the people of West Michigan.
![]() |
| Pavilion at The Meadows |
This newly constructed pavilion would be a wonderful place for a picnic or large gathering. A mountain view or waterfall could add to the ambiance, I suppose, but otherwise it couldn't be a more lovely setting, away from the noise of the city and the tangle of wires that keep us all hooked up to all the stuff from which we end up needing sanctuary.
And oh ... the clouds!






No comments:
Post a Comment